The safety and security of our staff, exhibitors and attendees is our priority. We work closely with the venue, corporate security, state, local and federal law enforcement authorities to identify risks, assess them and develop security plans for our events. Everyone attending Star Wars Celebration should be aware or the following security measures:
- Security will be onsite at all times to assist you during all aspects of Star Wars Celebration
- Everyone must wear their Star Wars Celebration badge at all times. This includes exhibitors, vendors, attendees, guests (speakers, talent, artists), professionals, press, staff, and crew.
- A fully operational security team following our vetted procedures is in place at all times during Star WarsCelebration. Bag checks may occur at Star Wars Celebration.
- Walkthrough or hand held scanners may be used at Star Wars Celebration
- Any CCTV in operation at Star Wars Celebration is monitored and recorded
- Uniformed and undercover security will be in attendance at Star Wars Celebration
- Uniformed and undercover Police may be in attendance at Star Wars Celebration
- Canine Security and Detection may be used in or around Star Wars Celebration
Everyone attending Star Wars Celebration is requested to:
- Keep personal property with you at all times and do not leave any items unattended
- If you see something, say something. Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious, or out of place to Star Wars Celebration staff or security immediately
- Remain patient and courteous during security checks and follow the instructions of Star Wars Celebration staff and security at all times
- Properly dispose of your Star Wars Celebration badge inside the venue or keep it as a souvenir – please do not sell it to scalpers or throw it away in trash cans outside the venue where it could be picked up
- Carry a valid form of photo ID at all times
- You as a fan are able to help us improve event security, fan safety and the overall happiness of everyone at or near Star Wars Celebration. While everyone attending Star Wars Celebration knows about costumes and props, the citizens of Chicago may be unaware of Star Wars Celebration and mistake prop weapons for real weaponry. If you have a weapon or prop that might intimidate or scare people, please be mindful of it as you carry it throughout the city streets and on public transit. If you have a weapon that might be misconstrued as a real weapon, please keep it concealed and do not carry it out in the open as you travel through Chicago. We would hate to cause unnecessary panic, upset, or unwarranted calls to 911. We really appreciate you being mindful of this and using common sense when it comes to props and costuming!