How Does Lyte determine request prices?
Pricing for requests for sold-out ticket types is based on several factors. Those include but aren’t limited to:
- The current demand for that ticket on Lyte.
- The available inventory of tickets that have been returned to Lyte.
- Pricing of same-event ticket listings on third-party marketplaces.
Why are prices high compared to their original face value?
If you’re seeing prices you feel are high, it is likely because many people are currently looking for that ticket type both on and off of Lyte.
Our goal with pricing at Lyte is to continually undercut scalpers and third-party marketplaces by beating their prices and bringing fan activity into our safe and fraud-free environment.
This is an ongoing process, so we encourage you to continue checking the event’s Official Ticket Exchange until you see a price you’re comfortable with. It is likely (but not guaranteed) that prices trend closer to face value over time.
Be aware that the Fan Exchange is first come, first served, so make sure you’re smart about placing requests in a timely manner to maximize your chances of getting a ticket.
Why are request prices lower now than when I put my request in?
Pricing fluctuates on Lyte to ensure fans are always offered the best value option at the time of their request.
Many factors can contribute to how pricing for a ticket might change over time on Lyte. The most common is that demand for that ticket type has dropped, but some others include:
- Updated Weather Reports
- Lineup Changes
- Event Date or Location Changes
- Increased Fan Returns
If you’ve secured a ticket, we highly recommend holding on to it, as we may not be able to complete your new request depending on how many other fans are waiting for tickets.
Why would a fan request through a Lyte Exchange?
When you place a request on Lyte, you get several benefits:
- Transparent pricing - What you see is what you pay. No surprise fees at checkout.
- Flexibility - Update or cancel your request at any time before you’re fulfilled.
- No Fraud - We work directly with the event organizer to validate every ticket that moves through our marketplace.
- No Scams -We assign new barcodes to prevent any funny business when you arrive at the event.